Monday, July 13, 2009

Gamble on Vintage

-- vintage jewelry that is! I adore vintage beads and cabochons of all kinds. I seek them out wherever I am shopping for beads, anywhere from online to the Paris Flea Market, and everywhere in between. It awes me that they are old -- sometimes older than I am!

My absolute favorite of all my vintage pieces is called "Games People Played" which you can see at http://msturman.com/collection/d16.htm. This necklace is perfect for the big spender, with a big strong ego! It's a large, double strand necklace formed with a bolo and fringe, completely made from vintage beads representing all types of gaming pieces -- cards, chess pieces, dice, horseshoes -- plus vintage Japanese plastic red beads and vintage French silver beads (from the Paris flea market!) -- all crocheted by hand into a magnificent, one-of-a-kind, showstopper! The colors - white, black, red, silver -- can go with anything you would want to pair with it, so while its large, it's versatile.

Do you love vintage jewelry as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. I love games and think this is such a cool way to incorporate them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really beautiful piece, it really is a showstopper. A top woman poker player should own it!

    ReplyDelete